How Do I...
- Register to vote? (Also see Essex County Board of Elections page)
- Know if I am already registered?
- Know if I am qualified to vote in a school election?
- Obtain an absentee ballot for a school election?
- Obtain an absentee ballot for a state or federal election?
- Look up the names of my elected officials? (Also see here for our list of politicians to contact with your advocacy efforts.)
Important dates in the school election process:
- May 23, 2014 (Friday) - last day to to register to vote or change address to reflect residency within the district (If the BOE decides to hold a second vote)
- May 20, 2014 (Tuesday) - school election day
- May 20, 2014 (Tuesday) - absentee ballots must be returned no later than 5 pm (to district clerk Diana Mason)
- May 19, 2014 (Monday) - last day to request an absentee ballot in person (with district clerk Diana Mason)
- May 13, 2014 (Tuesday) - last day to request an absentee ballot by mail (to district clerk Diana Mason)
- April 25, 2014 (Friday) - last day to register to vote in a school election (voters must be registered through their county board of elections or NYS board of elections no later than 25 days prior to the election in which they wish to vote)
- April 10, 2014 (Thursday) - regular Board of Education meeting 7 pm (tentative adoption of 2014-15 budget)
- April 2, 2014 (Wednesday) - Board of Education budget workshop 6 pm